Studying In the USA
We at Scholarbook accompany you the whole way to your sports scholarship. That is, from estimating your chances, to the first contact with your future coach and then to accepting your sports scholarship. But how do you receive a sports scholarship? We have summarized it for you:
5 steps to a sports scholarship
OVERCOMING ALL ACADEMIC HURDLES
SIGNING THE OFFER
1. Overcoming all academic hurdles
There are three ways to receive a Bachelor’s degree in the United States (eight semesters):
- Have a high school diploma.
- Pass the General Educational Development Test (GED) ,that certifies you as a high school graduate. However, this lets you attend a small junior college that takes two years. Afterwards you can go to a university and finish a Bachelor’s degree within two more years.
- If you are done with an apprenticeship, you can also start studying. However, only at the NAIA division colleges. On the other hand, for a Master’s degree you will need a valid Bachelor’s degree.
2. Contact us, Opportunity Assessment and Advisory contract
(at least one year before)
Fill out the Opportunity Assessment as early as possible. The sooner, the better. Doing it already 1½ or 2 years before you want to study in America would be great for you. When your athletic and academic profile is acceptable, we will contact you. After a personal consultation you will sign a consultancy agreement.Let’s Go
3. Complete your application
(9 months before)
- Take videos and pictures.
You have taken the first steps, but the application is not quite finished. Now it’s time to send us all the information about your academic and athletic career. In addition, the American coaches will want to see you. Therefore you should have up to five sport action pictures of yourself and have some videos in action as well. But don’t worry, making the video is not so difficult. We are going to cut the video for you so it looks very professional.
- Establish contact with coaches.
Here we will also help you. Nevertheless, the American coaches also want to get personal emails from you and get to know you as a person.
- Take the TOEFL and SAT tests.
These tests are for the universities to see your English skill level and also where you stand in other subjects. Don’t worry, you can’t fail in these tests and you can take them as many times as you want. We will help you prepare for the tests. We have so much experience with the TOEFL and SAT that none of our clients have been rejected from an American university because of the tests.
4. You make the choice: The offer you are going to take and what is the right college for you.
It is extremely important to us that the offer you get is suitable for you academically, athletically and financially.
- We focus on individual needs and expectations. We ensure that the university meets your requirements and offers your desired degree program.
- We make sure that the intense training doesn’t overwhelm you. Scholarbook wants you to be happy throughout your entire study period and in sports, get what is best for you. Choosing the right, insightful coach is important for this. We make sure that your athletic philosophy is the same as the coach’s.
- The choice is yours. With the experience of mediating over 400 students to the United States, we can explain precisely to you the pros and cons of your favorite colleges. But ultimately you decide what college and team appeals to you.
5. Signing the offer and Visa
(3 months before)
Once you have cleared all the paperwork for your future university, you apply for your visa. Before you know it you’re sitting on the airplane, and the adventures can begin!Let’s Go